Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Scientists Agree: Twizzle Does, In Fact, Sizzle!

I’m overjoyed to tell you that the Seattle-based band Twizzle is letting us use two of their tunes in the movie! We can’t thank the incredible duo of Sir Mildred Pitt and Spacecake enough!

Honestly, I was terrified about contacting them, because I’d fallen so completely in love with the songs and if they said no, I was going to be devastated. Really devastated. And sad. Really sad. In fact, between you and me, I’m so in love with the songs and so averse to being really devastated and sad, that if they had said no, I probably wouldn’t have taken the songs out at all, and would have moved to Kazakhstan and sold the movie illegally on street corners for 300 Tenges apiece. I know what you're thinking: 300 Kazakhstani Tenges sounds like a lot of change. Believe me when I tell you, it’s not. It would be a hard, dangerous life and I’d have to move often and quickly, as the Kazkhstan Secret Police doesn’t take kindly to that sort of thing. But, that’s how much I love these songs.

[Edit: The Legal Department of Northanger Productions would like to take this opportunity to state unequivocally that at no time did Guy ever seriously consider engaging in copyright theft or any other illegal activity. We won't let him. We promise.]

Thankfully, Twizzle just agreed to let us use the songs, and none of that happened, so I’m pretty happy with how everything worked out. Although the more I think about it, the fine citizens of Kazakhstan may quite possibly be our target demographic.

The two songs we’re using are “Falling,” from the 1999 album “Soda Fountain,” available (for free!) on Comfort Stand. And “Don’t Geddup,” from the 2007 album “S’Prise Inside.” Listen to some tracks from the album on the Twizzle website, then run out and buy it here!

But, wait! That’s not all! Mildred has another band, Library Science, and the latest album is available here! And here! And of course here!

And don’t forget “The Bran Flakes,” Mildred’s band with Otis Fodder. A new album is being released this Summer!

And if you order right now, they’ll include this ABSOLUTELY FREE!

See you at Hansen’s! I’ll order you some mayonnaise bites!

3 comments:

Kate Rudd said...

ATTN: Northanger Bigwigs(I have always assumed that, at home, when no one else is around, you wear large hairpieces.)

**I vote that the next film be shot in Michigan. After all, we now have great incentives. And also, I live here. And also, Michigan is where the next film should be made.**
:)

Guy said...

*We* think the wigs are a good look for us. Good style never comes cheaply, though, so every incentive helps.

More importantly, some of our favorite people in the world live in Michigan, so filming there seems like an easy call, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

He may have mentioned it it, Otis Fodder contributed his skills to a low-budget thriller called "Ice Cream Man" - he was DJ-ing in a short party scene.

I was doing some sound on the film, so was able to talk quite a bit with Otis. Great guy! Wise choice on your part.

IMDB / Ice Cream Man
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2259848/

this film of yours looks fun.
I'll check back often

Kurt Benbenek

Houseplant Picture Studio
http://www.houseplantpicturestudio.com